Venting and Insulation for Your Roof
Insulating Foam System Benefits
- Provides a thermal break between the roof deck and roof system, reducing heating and cooling loads by cutting heat transfer at the largest loss area in the building envelope.
- Can be layered for difference levels of thermal performance.
- Foam layer is trimmed to match roof system and house design.
- This system used in conjunction with the vented base and metal roof provide a fully developed insulated, ventilated roofing system designed to last a lifetime and to accept energy generating products at the time the customer is ready to purchase them.
Ventilated Base Channel Benefits
- Provides proper roof ventilation for minimizing ice damming issues and for reducing summer cooling loads.
- Provides a roof base that can be shimmed to straighten deflected roofs.
- Perfect companion for insulating foam providing ventilation over insulation layer.
Dan Perkins Construction also specializes in venting and insulation. With today’s high heating costs, sufficient roof insulation and ventilation is an extremely important element to insure maximized efficiency of your home. Ventilation is a necessary component of any roof. Proper ventilation will prevent ice damming, a very common Upper Michigan problem, which will leak through and ruin any roof over time. Ventilation also siphons off heat and dramatically reduces cooling loads in hot weather. It also removes moisture that causes molds in roof systems. Schedule an appointment and we’ll give you complete details of how a Dan Perkins insulated, ventilated metal roof can save on your heating and cooling costs while preventing ice buildup and leaking.
Read Dan’s complete pdf article on metal roof venting and insulation.
Built-up Ventilated Roof Details